  • From: "Alexander Egeling" <alexander.egeling AT gmx.de>
  • To: <Prorat AT stunet.tu-freiberg.de>
  • Subject: [Prorat] Newsletter Aug/Sept 2014
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 16:35:09 +0200

Dear Recipients of the ProRat newsletter,

this month, we inform you about the upcoming ProRat-elections, requirements to enroll and hand in your thesis, guaranteed working time for your PhD and a more foreigner friendly Freiberg.

+++ ProRat elections – Call for candidates +++

Be part of the doctoral candidates’ council! We clarified all legal questions regarding the pending ProRat elections and are now planning to hold them at the end of this year. At the moment, we are looking for candidates who are willing to become members of the next ProRat. The council term is two years and everybody who handed in a “Absichtserklärung” can run. If you are interested or have any questions, mail us at info AT prorat.tu-freiberg.de

+++ Current issues discussed at last meeting +++

Our last meeting was on the same day as our ProRat-BBQ, which was a nice gathering of some 60+ doctoral candidates. Thanks for all who came and helped to make it a success! At the meeting itself, we talked about the following topics:

+++ Enrollment requirements for PhD candidates +++

There are some very different requirements for the enrollment of PhD candidates. Some candidates have to meet relatively high demands just to be allowed hand in their thesis. If you are one of them, please let us now, what was imposed on you and why. We could either try to help you with your case or use it anonymously to demand a more equal treatment for all of us. In general, ProRat rejects extreme conditions that are put upon PhD candidates.

+++ Working time for PhD +++

Another topic was, that we want to help all PhD candidates (also those on third party contracts) to use one third of their working time for their own scientific work. This is stated in the Saxon university law and should be communicated to everyone at TUBAF. If you feel like you cannot a third of your working time for your PhD, please let us know: info AT prorat.tu-freiberg.de.

+++ Foreigner friendly Freiberg +++

The last big issue of our meeting concerned the university’s efforts to make Freiberg more foreigner friendly. A representative of ProRat took part in a meeting with Ausländerbehörde, which revealed quite some detailed problems and misunderstandings. That’s why we want to help, taking further steps to advance the procedures. Everybody who wants to take part there, can contact Tatsiana.Piliptsevich AT prorat.tu-freiberg.de

+++ Next meeting +++

The next ProRat meeting will be held Wednesday, Sept 17th, 1 - 3 pm in the GraFA Seminar room (Prüferstraße 1 a, 1-1-2). Everyone interested is welcome, especially those who want to become a member of next ProRat!

Greetings,

Alexander

  • [Prorat] Newsletter Aug/Sept 2014, Alexander Egeling, 25.08.2014

Archiv bereitgestellt durch MHonArc 2.6.16.

Seitenanfang