  • From: Wenke Wilhelms <wenke.wilhelms AT prorat.tu-freiberg.de>
  • To: prorat AT stunet.tu-freiberg.de
  • Subject: [Prorat] ProRat-Newsletter Summer 2014
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:30:54 +0200

Dear recipients of the ProRat Newsletter,

this time, we inform you about the ProRat BBQ in August and our meetings. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us.

+++ Current issues discussed at last meeting +++

We talked about enrolment requirements for PhD candidates. Since on some of them - mostly international PhD candidates - extra conditions are placed that seem to be very individual. Please get in contact with us if you need to fulfil special requirements or if you know other PhD candidates with such extra conditions.

Scientists with limited contracts should be able to spend one third of the working time with their own scientific work. This is stated by the Saxon law (Sächs HSFG §71). Unfortunately, not all PhD candidates can use this one third. We opened a discussion to talk about the situation in the Senate.

Our last Mittagsrunde about "Good scientific practice" was already held last week and quite successful. Prof. Merkel explained the DFG standard rules of good scientific practice. Our university is revising own regulations about good scientific practice and when those are in action we inform you about them.

+++ ProRat BBQ +++

We are happy to announce this year's ProRat barbecue that is again organised for all PhD students of TU Freiberg. It will take place on August 12th, 5 pm beneath the sun sail of the Mensa Cafeteria. If you have any questions, ideas or would like to help organising it, please contact Alireza Arab (Alireza.Arab@prorat.tu-freiberg.de)

+++ Next meeting +++

The next ProRat meeting will be held in the middle of August (probably August 12th). Follow our homepage prorat.tu-freiberg.de or on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Prorattubaf for the exact date (coming soon). Everyone interested is welcome!

Greetings from ProRat
Wenke

--
Dipl.-Geophys. Wenke Wilhelms
PromovierendenRat an der

  • [Prorat] ProRat-Newsletter Summer 2014, Wenke Wilhelms, 24.07.2014

Archiv bereitgestellt durch MHonArc 2.6.16.

Seitenanfang