  • From: Tatsiana Piliptsevich <Tatsiana.Piliptsevich AT prorat.tu-freiberg.de>
  • To: Prorat AT stunet.tu-freiberg.de
  • Subject: [Prorat] ProRat Newsletter May 2014
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 10:41:53 +0200

Dear all.

Please find bellow the new newsletter of ProRat. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Elections of the Saxon State Parliament

ProRat is hosting a panel discussion with different politicians from two different parties related to the politics concerned with the Saxon universities and universities of applied science on the 12th of June from 16.30 to 18.30. Our goal is to allow people to make informed decisions, at least in regard of university politics, on the 31st of August. This includes a variety of topics that we would like to cover such as short term contracts, PhD positions in basic research, Postdoc prospects, family and the job of a reseacher, ...

Due to regulations of the ministry for research and art we can not use any room of the university for this and we are currently searching for alternatives.
If you would like to help with the organization please contact Christian Jäh (christian.jaeh AT prorat.tu-freiberg.de)

ProRat Elections

Since the new constitution (Grundordnung) of the university is enacted yet we have decided to postpone the elections until summer since we hope that the ministry will have approved the new constitution by then.
The meeting of the extended senate (Erweiterter Senat) has taken place on the 5th of May and there were no changes made in the new constitution related to the ProRat. Which means right after the Ministry accepts the new constitution ProRat can organise the next elections.

For a more "Foreigner Friendly Freiberg"

The Prorektor Strukurentwicklung opened a new position to identify and subsequently eliminate main obstacles that foreign students and also Germans, who come from different states of Germany, face upon their arrival in Freiberg. We are working on a concept including, but not limited to, better information material (health insurance, labor law, bank accounts, ...) that the student should get even prior arrival. There should also be an office of the Foreigners office (Ausländerbehörde) in the university that might have office hours once a week.
If you are interested in helping out in this working group please contact Tatsiana Piliptsevich (tatsiana.piliptsevich AT prorat.tu-freiberg.de).

Chancelor's note on short term contracts
(Kanzlerrundschreiben zur Befristung)

ProRat will evaluate the results of the chancellor-note in May. We will keep you informed.

ProRat BBQ

We are happy to inform you that ProRat again is organising a barbecue for all PhD students of TU Freiberg. It will take place on the last week of June (about exact date we will inform you later). If you have any questions, ideas or would like to help organising it, please contact Alireza Arab (Alireza.Arab AT prorat.tu-freiberg.de)

New Letter of Intent to do PhD from GraFA

GraFA made a new form for the Letter of Intent to do a PhD in Freiberg. There are couple of unclear formulations which made some PhD candidates confused. We will contact GraFA for clarifying this question and inform you later about the outcome.

Sincerely yours,

ProRat

  • [Prorat] ProRat Newsletter May 2014, Tatsiana Piliptsevich, 14.05.2014

Archiv bereitgestellt durch MHonArc 2.6.16.

Seitenanfang