  • From: "Christian P. Jaeh" <christian AT jaeh.cc>
  • To: Prorat AT stunet.tu-freiberg.de
  • Subject: [Prorat] Newsletter ProRat March 2014
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 14:29:42 +0100

Dear all.

Please find bellow the new newsletter of ProRat.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us.

ProRat Elections

Since the new constitution (Grundordnung) of the university is enacted yet we have decided to postpone the elections until summer since we hope that the ministry will have approved the new constitution by then.
The meeting of the extended senate (Erweiterter Senat) will take place on the 16th of April and we will keep you informed about the process.

For a more "Foreigner Friendly Freiberg"

The Prorektor Strukurentwicklung has founded a task force to identify and subsequently hopefully eliminate main obstacles that foreign students face upon their arrival in Freiberg. We are working on a concept including, but not limitedt to, better information material (health insurance, labor law, bank accounts, ...) that the student should get even prior arrival. There should also be an office of the Foreigners office (Ausländeramt) in the university that might have office hours once a week.
If you are interested in helping out in this working group please contact Tatsiana Piliptsevich (tatsiana.piliptsevich AT prorat.tu-freiberg.de).

Elections of the Saxon State Parliament

ProRat discussed the possibility of hosting a panel discussion with different politicians or experts related to the politics concerned with the Saxon universities and universities of applied science.
Our goal is to allow people to make informed decisions, at least in regard of university politics, on the 31st of August. This includes a variety of topics that we would like to cover such as short term contracts, PhD positions in basic research, Postdoc prospects, family and the job of a reseacher, ...

Due to regulations of the ministry for research and art we can not use any room of the university for this and we are currently searching for alternatives.
If you would like to help with the organization please contact Christian Jäh (christian.jaeh AT prorat.tu-freiberg.de)

Chancelor's note on short term contracts
(Kanzlerrundschreiben zur Befristung)

ProRat will evaluate the results of the chancellor-note in April/May. We will keep you informed.

Audit "Familiengerechte Hochschule"

The university has been awarded with the title "Family friendly university". The university has sign a plan of action that will be evaluated in two years. We will keep you informed about important issues for doctoral candidates and young postdocs.
http://tu-freiberg.de/presse/aktuelles/aktuelles_detail.html?Datensatz=1926

  • [Prorat] Newsletter ProRat March 2014, Christian P. Jaeh, 24.03.2014

Archiv bereitgestellt durch MHonArc 2.6.16.

Seitenanfang