  • From: Alireza Arab <araba AT geo.tu-freiberg.de>
  • To: Prorat AT stunet.tu-freiberg.de
  • Subject: [Prorat] ProRat Newsletter
  • Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 22:56:40 +0100

Dear Recipients of the ProRat newsletter,

this is our regular newsletter December edition. It contains issues discussed in our last meeting and upcoming events like “Foreigner friendly Freiberg” and ProRat elections in 2014. More details can also be looked up online: prorat.tu-freiberg.de and facebook.com/Prorattubaf.

+++ Current issues discussed at last meeting +++

A working group has been formed inside of TUBAF by Prorektor Strukturentwicklung Prof. Meyer to make Freiberg more international friendly. ProRat is supporting the idea and is participating actively to transfer the issues of international doctoral candidates to this working group. A proposal which consists of the major issues that international PhD candidates face is being written.

The regulations to organize the ProRat and all PhD candidates (Geschäfts- und Wahlordnung ProRat, Ordnung der Doktorandenschaft (all PhD candidates)). They are based on the new basis of the ProRat-in-the-basic regulations of the university decision (Entscheidung zur Revision der Grundordnung). The part of the basic regulations that contains the ProRat got approval came back from the ministry with no remarks on the ProRat regulations. However, some other changes need to be made and the final decision of the extended senate (Erweiterter Senat) will be in January. That’s why we cannot finalize our work until then. However, there is still plenty to do and if you are willing to take part in the process, please contact Christian Jäh: christian.jaeh AT prorat.tu-freiberg.de. We are working on an English version as well.

ProRat elections will be postponed until the new regulations of the university come into action. The complete election regulations will be published as soon as possible. More in the next newsletter.

+++ Upcoming events +++

The next meeting of the ProRat will be in the 5th week of 2014 (January) and will be announced via our homepage, facebook and UNIINFO-mail.

The Landesvertretung Akademischer Mittelbau Sachsen (LAMS) organizes a panel discussion on the short term contracts etc. with the Saxon minister of science and arts Prof. Schorlemer on January 27th at the TU Dresden. Everybody interested is welcome! More details on the exact venue will be announced soon via uniinfo.

+++ Wishes +++

We from ProRat wish you all a lovely festive season and a happy new year!

More online:
http://prorat.tu-freiberg.de
http://www.facebook.com/Prorattubaf

  • [Prorat] ProRat Newsletter, Alireza Arab, 21.12.2013

Archiv bereitgestellt durch MHonArc 2.6.16.

Seitenanfang